The vision of the Institute of China Economy (ICE) is to foster the research of Chinese economy, by bringing together great minds and insights around the world to address critical challenges facing China and the world.
- To provide world-leading research on Chinese Economy;
- To combine academic research with policy and business insights;
- To serve the community by providing evidence-based business and policy decisions.
ICE sponsors a series of activities, including:
- Academic research. This includes specific research projects on Chinese economy and theme-based research organised under the umbrella of research centres.
- Academic workshops and seminars. This includes annual international workshops, regional workshops, and regular seminars on Chinese economy.
- Annual policy forum. Scheduled in each spring, the policy forum aims at addressing the most urgent issues related to Chinese economy and economic policy.
- Monthly policy/industry lunch talks. By inviting the most prestigious practitioners from business and government, these lunch talks aim to foster exchanges of economic insights and information regarding Chinese economy and the global economic trend.
- Visiting fellows/scholars/postdocs. By inviting external fellows to visit ICE, we foster the exchange of new ideas and insights on Chinese economy. The institute also sponsors other visiting scholars and postdoc research in pursuit of the understand of Chinese economy.